Sunday, September 15, 2013

Star Student Chair Covers

My coworker brought up using a pillowcase to cover a star student's chair. I decided to make one to go along with my classroom theme. Instead of a star student, I used King/Queen of the Jungle.















You will need:

Iron-on letters, Iron-on Patch, pillowcase, iron, ironing board


Using a decorated pillowcase may be a great way to cover your student's classroom chair, but feel free to decorate it too! (Patches, Puffy paint, iron-on letters) If you are using iron-on letters as I did, cut each letter out and place them where you would like them to be. Use a cloth over the letters as you iron over them. After you are finished with the front, turn the pillowcase inside out and iron over the letters from the back. When you see the letters have stuck, wait a few minutes. Peel the backing of the letters off SLOWLY. You will be so excited once your new pillowcase is done!  

My kids can't wait to find out who the next King/Queen of the Jungle is already so they can have the "cool chair!"


Teachers making pillowcases for our classrooms :)

No comments:

Post a Comment